The Transportation Committee has primary responsibility for monitoring the activities with the Office of Operations that relate to parking and traffic. In addition, the Transportation Committee considers and makes recommendations to the full Board on:
- contracts related to street improvements, traffic calming and parking structures;
- leases and land purchases regarding parking and traffic matters;
- ordinances relating to same;
- rates for parking lots, train station lots and parking meters;
- fiscal appropriations relating to transportation-related projects and/or initiatives (as secondary committee).
The Transportation Committee also:
- acts as liaison between Traffic Advisory Committee and Board of Representatives;
- oversees city’s traffic calming initiatives;
- monitors parking ticket and traffic enforcement policies, including towing practices.
Typical Meeting Date: Next to last Thursday of the month