The Public Safety & Health Committee has primary responsibility for monitoring activities of the Police, Fire and Health Departments (including Homeland Security functions). The Committee also considers and makes recommendations to the full Board on:
- contracts relating to the above-mentioned departments;
- ordinances relating to public safety;
- conditions at City’s animal shelter;
- fiscal appropriations relating to police, fire and health expenditures (as a secondary committee).
In addition, the Public Safety & Health Committee:
- receives reports, reviews and monitors the anti-blight ordinance and false alarms ordinance;
- receives reports, reviews and monitors Stamford Emergency Medical Services (SEMS);
- acts as liaison with Stamford Health Systems.
Typical Meeting Date: The last Thursday of the month