The Parks and Recreation Committee has primary responsibility for monitoring activities that fall under the Director of Parks & Recreation. The Parks & Recreation Committee considers and makes recommendations to the full Board on:
- maintenance and improvement projects at all parks and beaches;
- recommended Parks & Recreation Commission policies and fees;
- city policies regarding use of City and Board of Education playing fields;
- fees at beaches, parks, golf course, ice rink, marinas and city recreation programs (subsidized and self-sustaining);
- fiscal appropriations relating to parks and other recreation-related expenditures (as secondary committee).
The Parks & Recreation Committee also oversees and monitors:
- activities of the Harbor Management Commission;
- activities of the E. Gaynor Brennan Golf Course.
Typical Meeting Date: The next to last Tuesday of the month