The Legislative & Rules Committee:
- considers, review and recommends city ordinances for enactment by the full Board;
- considers and recommends the approval of land purchases and sales, leases of property by the city and leases of city property to others;
- considers and recommends resolutions implementing city ordinances (e.g., naming of city buildings);
- assesses tax relief programs levels and recommends changes to income and asset limits for veterans, seniors and the disabled;
- reviews the Annual Report letter from Ethics Board;
- provides expertise to other committees with legislation under consideration on proper format and language.
Typical Meeting Date:The last Tuesday of the month