The Land Use-Urban Redevelopment Committee considers and makes recommendations to the full Board on:
- approval of street acceptances and closings of streets;
- establishment of fees for Planning and Zoning Board applications and ZBA appeals;
- ordinances relating to rental properties, demolition and rehabilitation of properties, trees and landscaping;
- all Urban Redevelopment projects (as necessary);
- contracts related to revaluation and assessment of real property (typically as a secondary committee).
The Land Use-Urban Redevelopment Committee also monitors the progress and status of:
- major projects such as Mill River Green Belt, Transitway;
- Enterprise Zone activities;
- zoning enforcement activities.
The Land Use-Urban Redevelopment Committee is also charged with conducting hearings and making recommendations to the full Board on appeals of decisions by Zoning and Planning Boards.
Typical Meeting Date: The third Thursday of the month.